Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Day Without Gays-Fight H8


I'm not usually a political activist, in fact, this is probably my first act. But I want to spread the word, even if it's only for awareness.
Tomorrow, December 10th, is 'A Day Without A Gay'. The day we can show support for our gay, lesbian & transgender friends & family.

In light of the many recent anti-gay ballots initiatives in California, Arizona Florida, and Arkansas this is a way to show tolerance and love, instead of hate.

from their web site...
"NOW, it's time to show America and the world how we love. Gay people and our allies are compassionate, sensitive, caring, mobilized, and programmed for success.'

'On December 10, you are encouraged not to call in sick to work. You are encouraged to call in "gay"--and donate your time to service!'
Please visit these sites & see how you can support the gay community, even if you can't call in "gay" to work:
P.S. I changed my settings on my blog, and now anyone can comment. Not just those with Google accounts.

No comments: