Friday, November 28, 2008

Does Santa Outsource?

Sweet E. with her sister, Teeny G.


Thanksgiving is over, I'm done being thankful and can get back to my harried list-making, bank account checking, & list-revising self for the holidays. As a season kick off, I'd like to share this story from my stepdaughter D. about our 8 year old granddaughter E.

E. is changing before our eyes. It freaks me out sometimes because I don't want her hormones to kick in anytime soon. It makes me appreciate the little time left where she still thinks I know what I'm talking about.

She came to me the other day and asked "Why does my bike from Santa say 'Made In China'?"

"Santa doesn't want everyone to know where he lives," I answered.

She immediately shot back with "but everyone knows Santa lives in the North Pole, that doesn't make sense Mom."

I was at a loss for words. Her brain works so fast all of a sudden!

I ended up telling her that if she didn't believe in Santa, he would stop bringing her presents.

"I believe Mom! I'll always believe!"

...to which my response was "Good, then he'll always bring you presents. "

I told her sometimes things that are magical can't be explained, that's why they are "magical". I also told her with so many kids in the world, sometimes Santa has to outsource.

She seemed satisfied with that, for now...

No comments: