Friday, April 17, 2009

Where Is My Mind?

I suppose when the Pixies wrote "Where is my Mind?", they weren't talking about motherhood, but it certainly fits. Between multi-tasking and two all-consuming toddlers, things can get mixed up.

For example, this week I:
  • put leftover carrots in the plate cupboard
  • put the coffee pot in the fridge
  • called my son by the dog's name...more than once
  • caught myself describing the kids show "Yo Gabba Gabba" to a friend on the phone ("then they have Dancey Dance time....")
  • cringed when I heard myself say my high-pitched, enthusiatic "Good Job" toddler mantra to a friend as she negotiated the stroller down our porch.
    (......thanks to all of my patient friends!)
  • and my husband was surprised when I put the cheese in the butter compartment...at least it's in the fridge.

1 comment:

mauilulu said...

Tonya,
As I approach my mid-40's, forgetting things has become part of my daily life. And I don't even have kids. I totally get it. I think we have reached that time of life where this is a fact of life. I'm told it gets better. Hang in there.