Monday, March 2, 2009

What's On Your Ipod?

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. Can we let down our cool exteriors and come clean, if just for a moment? We all have at least one or two...or ten on our ipods: those deeply unhip songs or playlists that give us secret pleasure. Songs you would never be caught dead grooving to at a stoplight.

Here's a peek at my inner nerd. To retain a little dignity , let me just say that I don't listen to these regularly--like PEZ, they're best as an occasional treat.
  • You Make my Dreams Come True: Hall & Oates, a real arm flopper
  • The Grease Soundtrack--c'mon, it's Danny & Sandy!
  • A playlist called Devo Workout--I know, it's a scary thought to imagine. What's even scarier is that I've actually done it! (In my living room with the drapes tightly drawn.)
  • Eye of the Tiger--another sorry attempt at exercise
  • Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy - Big & Rich (but I swear, there's barely ANY country on my pod, I got this from a friend!

Amazingly, there's no Duran Duran on there...yet. (They were my true highschool sweethearts).

Okay, now it's your turn.

1 comment:

GaryinAlaska said...

I have so many podcasts, dilbert cartoons, new yorker cartoons, mac cast for latest apple news, wait wait don't tell me, car talk, and music.... progressive country, much Hawaiian, relaxing classical, and yes, Duran Duran greatest hits, right along with Abbas...