Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celtic Thunder

Hubby walked in the door the other day, "You're watching this again?"

"Um, the kids like it."

"Uh huh."

I guess he's on to me.

What better time than St. Patrick's day than to talk about my latest obsession...Celtic Thunder. When I first saw the name I laughed to myself, it seemed hokey, so public television-ish, something my grandmother would like. Then I saw a few clips here and there-- men in kilts singing catchy tunes, tearful ballads, the wistful Irish flute, floating green mist. Did I say men in kilts? Other than a couple songs that don't really fit (Desperado & Nights in White Satin sung in an Irish accent don't quite do it for me), it's actually pretty good. Now I find myself humming Mull of Kintyre, Boo & Bear stomp their feet to the drums and we press play again & again. Love the TiVo.

No comments: