Saturday, January 24, 2009

North to Alaska

This photo was sent to me from an Alaska friend. I hope it's OK that Im posting it here.


I'm leaving for Alaska on Monday. A business trip to Anchorage, so it's not exactly a white sandy beaches & Mai Tai's type of break, but it's a 4-day getaway nonetheless. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to the flight-- the thought of sitting for a few hours and actually reading is such a luxury. Never mind my knees rubbing the seat in front of me, ha, ha I'm reading! Nobody will wake up from their nap at the best part and my eyes won't be crossed because it's 10:30 at night!

I keep wondering what Hubby's Mr. Mom experience will be like while I'm gone? Will he be more appreciative of what I do? Will he start reminding me that Boo likes her little pillow for naps or not to forget Bear's coat for daycare? Will I be able to sleep without the staticky hum of a baby monitor in the background, or wondering if that soft whimper will escalate to a full blown bawl in the middle of the night?

I know that every time I look at a clock, I'll think about what they're doing. "It's nap time, it's lunchtime, Bear is probably melting down now..." But I will relish this time away, this precious adult time. So I'm excited for the break, and I miss them already. I guess that's the deal with motherhood --you can have it all, but you feel it all too!

No comments: