Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our Pre Thanksgiving Thanksgiving

I just finished rubbing a raw turkey. I know how it sounds...actually, how does it sound?
Can you tell it's late and I'm tired?

Anyway, the point of this post is that tomorrow is our Thanksgiving. My stepdaughter V, her boyfriend and their new dog, Stewy, are coming up. M. asked me if I felt nervous about cooking the turkey this year. (I'm still living down our first Thanksgiving dinner in this house...where I proudly served a beautiful golden roasted turkey that was horrifically raw on the inside.) The next year, my paranoia made me resort to roasting the turkey in pieces. It's much easier and you know it's cooked, but it's not nearly as festive. Now, with a few holiday turkeys under my belt, I feel fairly confident (not too cocky, I don't want to jinx anything.) Somehow, I think celebrating on a different day also eases the pressure. I can't tell you why, but it does.

An added bonus is that tomorrow is a regular babysitter day, so we will have an adults only household for much of the day. I love my children dearly, but I'm really looking forward to that break. In light of the Thanksgiving spirit, I should say I'm thankful for it.

No comments: