Monday, August 24, 2009

Bad Blogger



I've been a bad blogger. A busy blogger. A non blogger. I've gone weeks without posting. I blame it on the weather. It's been great. We're enjoying one of the best summers in ten years, but it's winding down. You can really see it in the afternoons. The way the light hits the trees at about 4:00 p.m: it's softer, slightly more golden, lower. It reminds me of school, of football and fresh starts.
Boo & Bear have been "accepted" into playschool. I know it sounds ridiculous that our not-even-two year old kids will be attending a school that preps them for preschool, nevertheless, I'm excited, not only for the social opportunities that await mom and kids but for the excuse to buy them supplies. New shoes, a new outfit, or crayons? I might even splurge and get the 64 crayon box set with the built in sharpener. Forget about the kids, I'll keep those.

1 comment:

beatstalkingtomyself said...

You're right about the light. I have such mixed feelings about the dimming down of the days. Welcome back to your blog! S.