Saturday, June 27, 2009

Major Crafterbation

I don't know what is happening to me, I've never really been a crafter but these days I can't peel myself away from the computer. Stuffed animals, felted gnomes, tooth fairy pillows, super cool fabrics, little girl dresses, appliques...the urge to sew and craft little cute things is becoming overwhelming. And just in case you're wondering, I'm not pregnant. Although I'm finding that I'm spending more time on the computer looking at other people's crafts rather than making my own. Hence the term "crafterbation"...I actually stole that wonderful word from another blog, so I won't take credit for it.

A friend loaned me her an old sewing machine that she got from Goodwill for $15, so I can try my hand again at sewing (a class I flunked in tenth grade!). I've been nervous about breaking it out. I have this nagging feeling that once I start fumbling with bobbins and the thread starts getting tight and the swearing starts, then my whole sewing fantasy will be crushed.

But in the meantime I can dream...and use my glue gun. Besides, there's always knitting.

No comments: